Saturday, August 18, 2012

Time Well Spent


“I think... if it is true that
there are as many minds as there
are heads, then there are as many
kinds of love as there are hearts.”

Throughout this program, I have learned many lessons. There are, however, three lessons that have impacted me very deeply. The first lesson that was learned that impacted me very deeply is that differences need to be embraced, shared, and cultivated within the early childhood environment. The second lesion that was learned that impacted me very deeply is that one person can make a difference even is he or she does not believe so. The final lesson that was learned that impacted me very deeply is that early childhood educators, children, and care givers all need to be reminded of the importance of an anti-biased environment and educated about anti-bias education on a regular basis. Essentially, all of us never stop learning or growing.

Looking forward, there is one long-term goal that I have established. That goal is to continuing to learn, question, and grow. In order to have a positive impact on the field of early childhood, it is essential for other professionals and I to remain humble, curious, and inquisitive on how we can maximum the potential of all young children.

In closing, I would like to say “thank you” to everyone in this class and the program that have assisted me in the process of learning, growth, and development. I also wish Professor Davis and everyone in the class the best of luck in their personal and professional lives now and in the future. This program has been challenging, eye opening, and educational all at the same time. Not only am I thankful for this experience, but better for it.

Mary Ruple 

No comments:

Post a Comment