Saturday, April 21, 2012

Reflecting on Learning


I cannot believe that we are already on the last week of class. When reflecting on all of the knowledge and information gained from the class and my peers, I am left with several hopes for the future for early childhood professionals, children, and their families. However, one hope that I am most passionate about its that all early childhood educators, individuals working in the field of education, and society in general will be given the opportunity to learn as we have about anti-biased strategies, “isms”, discrimination, and diversity. With this knowledge, I have become a better professional in the field of early childhood, friend, mentor, and member of society. I truly and passionately hope that others could benefit the same from the knowledge and information.

Finally, I would like to personally thank everyone in class that has allowed me to learn, grown, and become more competent in this subject matter. Every member of this classroom has made this experience a pleasure and has equally contributed to who I am today. So again, Thank you. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    This class went by so fast. It is hard to believe that we are one class away from graduating. I am grateful for all the knowledge that I have learned about diversity because it has helped me become a better person. I am more understanding now and I listen to others and thinks through before responding. I also know the importance of getting to know people instead of making assumptions about them. Thank you for your inspiring blog and discussions post. I wish you the best and we continue this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,
    It has been a pleasure communicating with you during this course. I have enjoyed your posts and comments. Good luck to in the future and with accomplishing your goals.

    ReplyDelete